Our Commitment to your Privacy
In accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act (4 of 2013) and the Promotion of Access to Information Act (2 of 2000, we (“Urban Republic SA”) and any of its subsidiaries will take all reasonable measures to protect any personal information given by you on any of our websites. When we refer to websites, we include any and all websites owned and operated by Urban Republic SA and its subsidiaries.
When we refer to “you” or “your”, we mean any person that accesses or uses any of the urban Republic websites.
This policy sets out how we may use information that you provide, or that we collect about you when you visit our websites and you agree to be bound by this policy by using the websites.
We may amend this policy from time to time, in line with changes required by legislation or our internal business operations. The version as displayed on the websites at the time when you interact with us will apply, and you must therefore review this policy whenever you visit our websites.
Collection of Personal Information
Urban Republic SA may have asked you for your personal information, such as name, telephone number, email address etc. when you visited our website, entered a Urban Republic competition, shopped with us as a customer etc.
Which Information we collect
Depending on which website you are using, the personal information you may provide to us can include:
- Postal and/or street address;
- Title and name;
- Contact numbers and/or e-mail address (which you warrant belongs to you, or that you are authorised to use it);
- Ethnic group;
- Employment history;
- Marital status;
- Banking and financial information;
- Identity or passport number;
- Browsing habits and click patterns on URBAN REPUBLIC websites; or
Any other form of personal information as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act, which we may reasonably require to offer or render our services/products to you (to the extent that we are permitted in law to do so, and where you have.
How we use your personal information that we collect
We use the personal information that we collect from you as follows:
- Performing our duties in terms of any agreement with you;
- Assist in making credit decisions about you;
- Operate and manage your accounts and manage any application, agreement or correspondence you may have with us;
- Communicating (including direct marketing) with you by email, SMS, letter, telephone or in any other way about URBAN REPUBLIC SA’s products and services, unless you indicate otherwise;
- To form a view of you as an individual and to identify, develop or improve products, that may be of interest to you;
- Carrying out market research, business and statistical analysis;
- Performing other administrative and operational purposes including the testing of systems;
- Recovering any debt you may owe us;
- Complying with our regulatory and other obligations;
- Any other reasonably required purpose relating to our business.
URBAN REPUBLIC SA has physical, technological and procedural security safeguards in place and will use its best endeavours to protect your personal information.
Sharing your personal information
The personal information that we get or collect from you will always be treated as confidential and will not be shared with third parties unless you have permitted us to do so.
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties if we are required to do so by law or if we need to share it with our service providers who need this information to provide their services, in which case they are held to similar security and privacy safeguards as mentioned herein.
You may request
- that we delete and destroy any of your personal information (If you are a URBAN REPUBLIC SA account holder, this means that you will have to pay-up and close your account because we need to be able to process your personal information to administer your account);
- that we amend or update your personal information;
- copies of documents containing your personal information, in which case you may have to pay a reasonable fee.
We can refuse to disclose certain information to you or refuse to provide you with documents in terms of the Promotion of Access to Information Act.